14 December 2010

Disana Wool Mishap

This is a quick post regarding the demise of the Disana wool covers I purchased.
I felted them as suggested and low and behold--"I got this," me--went too far in the felting and made the covers too small.
















The diaper is not my usual tight pinning, I  quickly pinned it for testing.
You can put them on Cinnabun, however if you want her to be comfortable and fit in a cotton soaker for night time use, dream on. there is only enough room for a pinned flat fold and Cinnabun.


I am embarrassed... Yep, pretty much ashamed of myself. It isn't as if I have never felted before. Instead of putting them in for 15 more min of hot drying I should have just stuck with the first 20 and been done with it. No, I am not going to use them for day use. You see the size of Ms Cinnabun's thighs... I prefer to use thin profile or short width crotched cloth diapers that will not compete with the premium space. We get away with not having to add extra absorption because I am a fanatic in not being in a wet diaper, also we practice (not with religious fervor) Elimination Communication a.k.a. Natural Infant Hygiene. 99% of her bowl movements are in the toilet. Use to be 100% till last week, we were very busy in and out of the house, she was very crotchety (I was a bit too) and then she just got this peaceful, contemplative, far away look on her face--"Hey you haven't made that face in a long while..." Took only a grunt to get my full attention and intervene in time to get her to finish the rest on the loo. 50-65% of urine makes it to the toilet too; all depends on how observant we are. She has been changing quickly and so have her ques for when she needs to go.
You will be seeing these diaper covers being sold soon with all of Cinnabun's too small diapers. I am looking forward to Winter break, I have things that need attention such as this blog to say the least.
In these pictures Cinnabun is four days shy of six months. She weighs 8.6 kg, is 72 cm long and those thighs are an impressive 27 cm in diameter. She really is Our Cinnabun.

2 comments:

LaNeshe said...

Hi Becky. I hope you and the family are safe and well. - Cousin Nook

Unknown said...

Beautiful baby! Christy and I are thinking about you guys and we hope you are all well and safe. We would like to hear from you guys. We know about the earthquakes and tsunamis in Tokyo. Please give Christy a call, she would like to hear from you.

PS. She would like to request that when you call please do between 7:00am -8:00pm MST (I think that means your sleep doesn't matter..lol).

Richard.