26 May 2008

Tis Birthday Time!

Yes, it was that time of year when we all celebrate the anniversary of the Crazy Unfortunate's abrupt arrival. Such as it seems our fate as of late, it was once again immediately after PCSing to a new location to where of course we know no-one; however in true mutiny of our temporary fate, we made the best of it and ended up celebrating it in three parts. Don't just endure your fate, embrace it! Then find a way to pick it's pockets.
We celebrated her birthday in three parts, was not planned that way but we took what was given and just ran with it. The goals of this day to be accomplished was: make chocolate cake, go swimming with family, see Prince Caspian the movie and eat at the ramen house Sailor-studman took everyone to.

In a leisurely manner we got up around 08:40 ate, watched vh1's videos, got the hair did complete with the "I'm 5," berets I wore in my hair when I turned 5yr and the First Unfortunate wore in her hair when she turned 5yr--I procrastinated since Sailorman said he would call from the ship--out at sea--to wish a happy birthday. Got the call along with some news on what I need to do to get the ball rolling a bit faster for our p-house. No problem, right? Wrong; however I managed to keep my center with the cheerful reminders of such by the Unfortunates themselves, while silently telling all I had to deal with they should be thankful that it is the special day of the Crazy one or I would take your head right here and now the use it to get the attention of the next in line till I got what I wanted.Despite my very un-aiki thoughts and feelings, I let the girls get their wish and we ate at McDonald's *gag* and after another paperwork stop,we made it to the pool an hour later than planned. We got the First Unfortunate out of swim team practice and had a blast fooling around in the pool. An hour later, we jumped out of the pool and got ready to see the opening show of Prince Caspian here on base with our friend Keri--our partner in crime for movie going. It was number one for the Unfortunates, especially the Crazy one... what sealed the deal was the brief kissing scene between the oldest girl and Prince Caspian himself. Yeah, the Crazy's a romantic--someone pass Sailor-studman the bottle of Tums extra strength, thankx!

We made it home, and me being too tired physically and mentally (I was still simmering over what transpired earlier in the day), I didn't want to burn the cake and really make a smashing end to a day I felt guilty for infringing on already. The cake was not made earlier in the day due to me forgetting that we needed a cake pan, since this isn't my house, but a hotel. We had to squeeze in buying that with all the paperwork fiasco earlier in the day.

The next day we all felt refreshed and ready to just have a lazy day of pajamas, t.v. and cake! I made the cake with a new bunt pan and despite only having a too old squeeze tub of ready made frosting--yes it is green, that is what the Crazy wished for to go with the sprinkles, or as the east coasters call it, 'jimmies,'--the cake turned out good a bit too sweet for everyone, but it was good enough for the Unfortunates to try to connive another piece. It wasn't what we normally have but there is only so much you can do grocery wise here... we were lucky they had a box cake that was a bit more than just chocolate; this one was chocolate pudding fudge. I am definitely making the next birthday cake from scratch so we can have our devil's food cake with dark chocolate. frosting. The First Unfortunate is requesting strawberry cake with dark chocolate frosting for her birthday, I am all over that one and it is going to be good! Later that night we went out in the rain--discovered that the windshield wipers were crap; bought new ones and changed them in the rain with the Unfortunates cheering me on as I fight with the *insert colorful descriptive words* blades, then set off--to one of my favorite stores here, Homes. We looked and shopped around a bit then came home, to sit up late watching the new Avatar dvd; we love The Avatar series.

Today (okay, it is officially nearly 2hr past that day now), we finished celebrating the Crazy One's birthday by walking off base to Sailorman's ramen house. It really hit the spot and was delicious! We walked on to Diae Mall and strolled around, did a little shopping and returned, had Jose Ole's Taquitos, cherries from Diae grocery store and cake. T'was a good day. I do have a worry though, Crazy one is complaining of having a hard time breath in her neck, I am hoping that it is really nothing and just a small reaction to all the shell fish that we stumbled upon while shopping for food off base. I really must schedule a doctor's appointment Tuesday for her and her allergies. We need to see exactly what she is allergic too. So far it is perceived as shellfish and mold. Being in the land of the Rising Sun, sea food is EVERYWHERE, I shouldn't have to battle for this like I had to in Monterey, yet if I do heads will roll and I shall use their still twitching corpses to reach to person who will work with us.

So on that note, the three day long celebration of the Crazy Unfortunate ones' birthday was a success. She loved it and is so happy to finally be one more year closer to (Studman, your gonna want to grab the Imodium AD to go with the Tums for this one) that sacred day when she shall be a TEENAGER!!! She feels that they are the pinnacle of childhood and the coolest things out there. She is in total awe that her sister is going to reach that day in a mer 3.5 years.

Happy Birthday Chickpea!

No comments: