19 June 2008

Cirque du Soleil


I am going to do it! I am going to pay the ransom to go see Cirque du Soleil here in Japan. This year is the grand opening of their permanent venue. It is right outside of the whole Disney Tokyo Resort complex. We are going to go to the preview showing of ZED. I am very excited. Hopefully the whole working party of this ship can go, (hint hint Sailorman...) so is the illusion that I hold. If not this three man beach det. will have a good time of our liberty.

The tickets I am aiming for are the front view seating area. Not too close where you can't see everything but not so far away to where you feel like you are sitting in a sup-ed up version of your own living room watching t.v. I am aiming for the preview performance dates due to the the discount rate you get. So, the cost after guesstimating in the yen/dollar rate should be around $98 no more than $105. *sucking of teeth* I know, that IS per ticket, and there are no deals for the Unfortunates... however, the idea had occurred to me and my mom voiced it; just pay for a sitter, rent a movie and get some good chips and ice cream that the Unfortunates picked... and I just go by myself! Tempting... hmmm... yes, tempting... but I loved the whole experience of this circus so much when I saw it on my high school, senior class trip, that I am willing to share it with both my Unfortunates now that they are all old enough to remember what I am paying for. Another reason for going is my love of costume. I aspire to sew costumes that seem to have come right off the stage of such a production one day. I will... just give me time!

Now, I am just hoping that good seats are still available since tickets for these shows have been on public sale since the 26 April. I will be finding out either tomorrow or Saturday when we go to the travel agency so I can pay cash for them either then or next week. I am staying true to keeping off the credit crack... tis an evil and vile creature to bed with. We are still washing the sheets from our tryst, but should be done not too long from now.

No comments: