17 June 2008

Our Uchi (revised with more pictures)


The pictures, as I had promised to a few, are not much but this is our abode. I like it more and more with each box we unpack and brake down. I am hope to be able to call the moving company to pick up the boxes by the end of the week, or early next week.
Kochira wa watashitachi no uchi des; Yokoso!

This is our house, yeah, real eye catching... But give me time, just give me time. The Unfortunates and I are working on our most spectacular garden yet! Meet Jasmin and
Jessica (aka the tomato plant). Jasmin though small is quite a beauty to inhale, nothing like the jasmin that was available to us in Monterey. Jessica normally sits on top of the wall in front of the house catching sun, she's on the ground to get some water. This is our back yard; yes it really is that small and Suicide-girl isn't happy but she is grateful that at least this yard has grass to graze on. Our back yard shed is just out of the picture. I have a on going war with myself over the yard. If it was me, I personally would cut down the cute little tree you see, due to it being over whelmed by the wolf cherry tree above it which you can't see, and the two-story tall coniferous tree that you can only see the trunk of here. I wouldn't have let the conifer to grow to begin with due to how large it is going to become and how close it is to the damn house; adding another element that make the ground too moist for grass to take here (next door to us is where our friends use to live the first time we were in Japan here it is mud, mud, or mud). Give it five more years and they are going to have problems besides the nasty, blue and black, amazonian sized mosquitoes that thrive in the hill side surrounding our complex of town homes. So, the kids don't really play out back, grass doesn't grow, and that green stuff is just weeds and strawberry family ground cover that gets pulled up every time we pick up after Suicide-girl. The next set of photos are of the living room and kitchen, as the movers put everything from the truck into the house we quickly realized that wall space is a premium here with all the furniture we have. Once I get all the books on the shelves, then I will have space to move things around some more, and when my Man-Thing-Loveslave comes home he is going to help rearrange the large step-tonsu I didn't realize till the movers left that it is configured backwards. I have to keep something around for Studman to do, or he might pout.





And this is where I spend my internet time. Don't you just love the informal look of it all? Having a desk that is constantly walked through, keeps it clean and clutter free! At the moment we don't have a real place to put our corner desk... I am still thinking of where to put it. The packers dissasembled and packed the entire thing while I was in a different room; it was quite a suprise when it was moved and unpacked here with the words, "COMP DESK," written on the wrapping. The last time it was ever in pieces was when we bought it 9yr ago, and it has always been moved in two pieces, the shelveing seperated from the desk... I don't really feel like putting it back together. The shelves in the kitchen is making the best out of what the packers gave us. They didn't bother to secure the pegs in the shelf and we are missing 6 pegs. Once I got over my cursing fit, I decided to trying moving the shelf to the hall and in the process, I discovered the shelf fits perfectly where the laundry room closet wall sticks out and the refrigerator rests against. Now I can have my cook books and herbal books in the kitchen and the trash bins fit in the shelf-less space below, yea!



The house is slowly transforming into a home, I feel it, the Unfortunates feel it and our grey-baby feels it too. Home is where the Navy sends you.

No comments: